Monday 8 September 2008

Fwd: wasp and hornet nests

I found this is in my Inbox this morning. Go figure...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: alastair mackie <mackiealastair@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 7:55 PM
Subject: wasp and hornet nests
To:

Dear Beekeepers,

I hope that you won't mind me contacting you out of the blue. I am an artist working in London, I come from a farm in Cornwall where we keep bees. I have recently made a piece of work out of paper collected from a wasp nest (see image attached). I have a solo show coming up in January next year and am working on a large scale wasp / hornet wood pulp project. Over the last twelve months I have collected approximately two hundred nests (all abandoned during the winter period).I am absolutely desperate to get hold of as much more material and as soon as possible and will be very happy to pay in order to do so.I understand that bee keepers are sometimes asked to deal with wasp and hornet nests. If you think that you can help me please do get in touch, or please do forward this on to anyone else.

Best regards - Alastair Mackie

(+44) 7818 0734XX
http://www.alastairmackie.com/
http://www.allvisualarts.org/

No comments: