Wednesday 12 August 2009

The Dream Life Of Me and Dre

What do you do when you work at a donkey sanctuary and need those little cultural pick-me-ups throughout the day, just to get you to 5pm and away from the crack-pipe?

Well firstly, you can re-read the novels of your favourite, most inspiring authors. I've been hammering Nathanael West again (hence the title of this post).

Secondly, you can watch Michael Mann's forgotten, not-available-on-DVD horror film The Keep, which some helpful scallaywag has uploaded on to You Tube in tasty 10minute portions. Evidently there's been some re-emerging interest in this film lately so I was intrigued to see what the fuss was about. When I say it's been "forgotten" though, I mean like an abuse memory. Sections of this ring some particularly nasty VHS bells for me, and they're all in the key of 1985.

So you'll all be glad to know that between West and You Tube I'm still keeping up my daily intake of satire and Nazis (and that's just for breakfast).




No comments: