Friday 9 May 2008

Q: Can Advertising Save the Honeybee? A: No you cunts.

Just read this egregious load of rubbish in The Guardian.

To paraphrase, Haagen-Daaz amongst other people are running customer incentives based on the recent plight of honeybees around the world.

As a beekeeper myself (don't laugh) this is a subject very close to my heart. I was kinda in two minds when I read it, but in the end I have to say that this is sooo fucking shit and cynical -the work of an utter cunt no less- the kinda thing that gives the industry a bad name; what a solicitor would call "ambulance chasing."

So, no. Eating American fucking ice cream isn't going to save the honeybee. If however you do want to save the honeybee -and you should!*- then please go here for a start.

Right. That's my Geldof bit out the way.

* I'll bore you with the details when I've got more time.

No comments: