Friday 24 April 2009

Record Of The Weak

"Do ya liiiike good music?"

No. No, I don't. When you come home with the designer next to you's iPod playlist ringing in your fucking ears, I like stuff that's a bit hard work, me. Something a bit stronger. Which is why I love Pere Ubu's 1995 album, Ray Gun Suitcase.

I won't try and describe it to you in case I start sounding like Paul Morley or one of those boring undergraduate cocks who go to ATP twice a fucking year. And let's face it, rock journalism's at least 30 times more self-conscious and pretentious than half the bands it chronicles, so the less we say about it the better.

Suffice to say, I can't write to it. You might be able to dance to it, but I doubt you could design-along to it in the same way you can with -oooh?- Goldfrapp, maybe?

No comments: