Sunday 15 February 2009

My Caribbean's A Little Rusty

Look at that face. It's the face of 198o's breakfast television.

It's also the face of wanton excitement being suddenly bummed (savagely) by anxiety and trying very politely not to spill its wine.

You see, I'm suddenly/unexpectedly travelling to Tobago(!!!!!) this week. And whilst I'm pant-pissingly, dance-to-hold-it-in, cross-eyed with excitement, I'm also shamefully, hopelessly ignorant about the place. My understanding is that it's the one part of the Caribbean that isn't full of loud, fat white people with shiny menus. Annoyingly however, that also explains Tobago's dearth of solid, impartial information on the internet.

So far, I've learnt that Tobago is good for:
-Rum
-Parrots
-HIV

Bad for:
-French wine
-Skiing
-Overcoats

So. Anyone ever been to Tobago then..?

(gulps wine and smiles like a neurotic housewife)